Instant coffee cupcakes with vanilla bean buttercream are one of the easiest cupcakes to make. They are ready in under 30 minutes and are super delicious.
I normally don’t make buttercream with frosting sugar and prefer a swiss meringue buttercream. But this buttercream works really well with these cupcakes. Strong, slightly bitter taste of the coffee is beautifully complimented by the sweet buttercream.
These instant coffee cupcakes are perfect for a grown up celebration or treat to go with the evening coffee.
I hope you will enjoy making these cupcakes. Tag me on instagram if you make them!
- 100 gram plain flour
- 80 gram caster sugar
- 80 gram unsalted butter room temperature, cubed
- 60 gram milk
- 1 egg
- 10 gram instant coffee
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla stick
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 125 gram unsalted butter room temperature, cubed
- 200 gram icing sugar
- 1 vanilla stick
- 4 tbsp water
- Heat the oven to 175C
- Remove the seeds from the vanilla bean
- Mix together milk, eggs and vanilla beans and set it aside
- Sift plain flour, instant coffee, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix it together
- Mix in the butter and beat at low speed until the butter is mixed in well.
- Slowly add in the milk and egg mixture. Beat at medium speed until the mixture is smooth and flowing
- Divide the mixture evenly into 6-7 cupcakes moulds. Fill in 3/4th of the way
- Bake for 15-16 minutes. Remove from the oven if a tooth pick comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool completely before decorating
- Remove the beans from the vanila bean stick
- Beat the butter until it's pale and fluffy.
- Add in sugar, vanila beans and water and beat at medium speed for 5-6 minutes until the sugar is completely mixed
- Ad the frosting in a piping bag.
- Pipe the frosting in any pattern you like on the cupcakes
- Sprinkle coffee granules on top
Make sure the cupcakes have cooled down before you pipe the frosting
Tried this recipe?Mention @Incredible.kitchen or tag #myincrediblekitchen!