Question for you all: what’s a good time to have cookies?
b) Every once in a while
c) Once a week
If you answered a, I am not sure why you are reading this post! But if it’s any other choice, you will love these thumbprint peanut butter cookies with raspberry jam! But if you answered d, then you are a being after my own heart! In that case, you should check out other cookies recipes: cumin seed cookies, pretty pink macarons, chocolate and walnut cookies, ginger bread biscuits and meringue cookies and kisses.
But these peanut butter thumprint cookies are my current favourite cookies! The combination of sweet and tart raspberry jam and slightly salty peanut butters is a match made in heaven! I made a large batch and I sort of refused to share them with anyone else! They were that good!!!
While I made these cookies using fresh raspberry jam (recipe found here), you can use store bought jam!
I hope you you will make these thumbprint peanut butter cookies with raspberry jam a try. If you do, tag me on instagram incredible.kitchen
Happy baking friends
- 200 gram plain flour All purpose flour (USA), Maida (India)
- 100 gram butter
- 100 gram light brown sugar
- 120 gram peanut butter smooth
- 2 small eggs
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 200 gram raw peanuts unsalted and shelled, roasted and chopped
- 5-6 tbsp raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 175C
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white.
- Lightly beat the egg whites and set it aside.
- Mix together peanut butter, brown sugar and butter until it is smooth
- Whisk the milk and egg yolk until smooth. Add it to the peanut butter mixture and mix it well
- Add plain flour and salt to the peanut butter mix. Combine until it forms a soft dough. It should be soft but not sticky
- Add chopped peanuts in a bowl
- Take about 1tbsp of dough and roll it into a smooth ball. Roll the ball in the egg white first and then chopped peanuts
- Set the ball on a lined baking sheet and using the back of a spoon to make a create a round dip in the middle of the ball
- Repeat the above steps with the remaining dough.
- You will get about 25-30 cookies. Place the cookies about 2cm apart so that they don't touch during baking. You can use one large baking sheet or two small baking sheets. If using two baking sheets, bake them separately
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until they are light golden brown
- Take the cookies out of the oven and immediately deepen the well in the middle using the back of a spoon as it shrinks during the baking
- Once the cookies have cooled down, fill the wells with raspberry jam