Strawberries & summer…..
Is there anything more quintessential summer than strawberries? Long warm days, little girls in sun dresses and hats, freckle faced, picnics in the park & chilled bubbly and more bubbly…..
Summer is coming to end but I am trying to hold on it for as long as possible…..
What about you?
So I made a fresh batch of my favourite dessert made with fresh strawberries.
A friend shared this recipe for making chocolate strawberries with me so I am passing it on to you all.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Get making now!
- 400 gram strawberries ripe
- 200 gram dark cooking chocolate 70% cocoa
- 100 gram hazelnuts roasted and chopped
- Small bottle of prosecco or champagne enough to cover the strawberries
- Wash the strawberries and pat them dry. Make 2-3 small cuts in the skin of each strawberry so that the strawberries absorb the champagne.
- Soak the strawberries in champagne or prosecco and leave them covered overnight in the fridge (if in hurry, few hours is fine too). You can skip this step if making the dessert for small children.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces in a bowl. Place the bowl in a pan of simmering water to melt the chocolate. Make sure that the water doesn't touch the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate melts, dip the strawberries into the chocolate and roll them in chopped hazelnuts.
- Place the strawberries in the fridge until chilled, about an hour.
- Serve with cream and bubbly! It's best to consume within few hours as it doesn't last very long.