Is there any food more satisfying than the one which combines different flavours in every bit, a hint of sweetness from grapes mixed in the with the creaminess and tang of yogurt with a bite of spices?
As you can tell by now, I love yogurt and grew up eating yogurt with more or less every meal. My mum makes number of raitas: kaddu raita, onion & tomato raita, boondi raita, chiwda raita, pomegrenate raita, cucumber raita, potato raita, pineapple raita.
However, this recipe for making grape raita is one of the easiest to make.
This raita goes with lots of dishes but I will sometimes make it with rice pulao for a quick and delicious meal for a week night meal.
I hope you will give it a try it and enjoy it!
- 1 cup full-fat plain yogurt natural
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chillies de-seeded and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Roast the cumin seeds on low heat until they are fragrant and grind in a pestle and mortar.
- Roughly grind the cumin seeds in a pestle and mortar.
- Remove the seeds from chilies and chop finely.
- Slice the grapes into thin slices, length wise.
- Lightly whip the yogurt so that it's creamy and smooth.
- If the yogurt seems too thick, add 2-3 tbsp of milk.
- Just before serving, add the grapes, green chillies, roasted cumin seeds and salt and mix it in.
One Reply to “Grape raita (yogurt w grapes)”
Lovely and wasy recipe for grape raita. Seems like a winner 💕