Why are you burning things?
Are you one of those people who just love eating fruit? Rather than reaching for a cake you go for fruits? Well, I am not a natural fruit eater. I mean, I do eat fruit because it’s good for your health not because I love them except for guava and pomegranate. However, I love eating fruit when it’s incorporated in a dish. For example, I don’t like bananas but I love eating banana with the pancakes, in the cake or in yogurt smoothies . I know, weird!So I am always looking for creative ways to eat more fruit.
This recipe for making orange salad doesn’t require much cooking and you can easily change it suit your taste buds. It’s perfect starter dish for your dinner parties and easy on the palate.
- 4 clementines or oranges
- 100 gram mozarella
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds optional
- 1 cup green leaves of choice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 tbsp pistachio roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- flaked sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp nigella seeds kalaunji
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- oil to brush the pan's surface
- In a pan, melt the butter and add the sugar and chilli powder.
- Once the sugar melts, add the pistachio. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and put it in oven heated to 180 degrees celcius
- Remove it from the oven after 7-8 minutes and let it cool and harden into a thin brittle.
- Peel and slice the clementines in round shape.
- Heat a pan on high heat and add the oil. Add the clementine slices and slightly blacken them on both sides, approximately 1/2 second on each side.
- Mix all the ingredients together, sprinkle salt, broken pieces of pistachio brittle, pomegranate seeds, sesame and nigella seeds and cheese.
5 Replies to “Charred Orange & Mozzarella Salad”
Beautiful colours and photography!
This is a good combination.of.flavours.and colours.
I really want to try…and I will