One of the most joyful things about summer is ice cream!
However, I stayed away from making ice creams for a long time as I didn’t have an ice cream maker at home. But once I discovered the no-churn ice cream, there was no looking back! Since then I have made all sorts of ice creams with this method.
This egg free no churn blueberry ice cream is one of my favourites to make over the summer months. Especially with blueberries in such abundance over the summer months, it’s such a delight to have freshly made ice cream. This no churn blueberry ice cream is super easy to make and is ready in under 30 minutes (of course with freezing overnight).
If you try this no churn blueberry ice cream, tag me on instagram @incredible.kitchen
Happy summer days!
- 400 gram condensed milk
- 600 ml double cream also called whipping cream or heavy cream
- 300 gram blueberries plus some extra for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Thoroughly wash the blueberries
- Set the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and 1/4 cup of water on low heat. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, mashing the blueberries against the back of the spoon. Stir to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan
- Let the mixture cool completely before using it. If you are in a rush, put them in the freezer for couple of minutes to cool it down. Make sure it doesn't freeze
- Once the mixture has cooled down, grind it into a coarse puree. You can make a fine puree but I prefer a coarse puree with little bits of blueberry
- In an pan whip the condensed milk to soft peaks. Add cream and bring the mixture back to peaks. The point of whipping is to add air in the mixture which results in a soft, creamy texture
- Fold in the blurberry mix until it's evenly mixed
- Pour the mixture into a pan. Cover the pan completely using an aluminium foil or cling wrap. I normally wrap it all around the pan couple of times to make sure that no air enters the pan. A more environmentally option would be to use a vacuum sealed container.
- Freeze overnight! & enjoy!