Are you trying to turn me into a vegan?
I discovered hummus when I first moved to London. And I was an instant convert! I mean it’s creamy, yumlicious, oh so satisfying and goes well with everything… bread, carrots, cucumber, radishes, apples, pitta bread, celery…. I have always loved chick peas and I often make them using my mom’s delicious recipe. However, coming back to the recipe for making hummus, it’s really easy and you can serve it as starter or make a light lunch with lots of veggies. It’s always a party favourite and since it’s so quick to make, I make it fresh just before guests arrive. Let’s hum, people!
Servings 4 people
- 300 gram canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. tahini lighter coloured tahini is delicate and the darker tahini has a strong taste; I like them both
- 1/2 fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic peeled
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp olive
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- Strain the chickpeas and set aside the water and handful of chick peas for garnishing.
- Mix together chickpeas, garlic, lemon/lime juice, salt and tahini and half of the water from the can.
- Grind in a blender until it's smooth and creamy. If the hummus is too thick add more liquid from the can.
- Empty the mix into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and chili powder. Garnish with chickpeas.
- Serve with sliced vegetables and fruits.
The recipe is better with organic canned chickpeas or chick peas cooked at home, which is super easy.
Tried this recipe?Mention @Incredible.kitchen or tag #myincrediblekitchen!
3 Replies to “Hummus Humming”
Lovely pictures. Gonna try!
I want to taste it… looking great!