The Australian government recently changed the requirement for the number of fruits and vegetables that humans i.e. you and me are supposed to consume each day. It has gone from five to seven! Yes, we’ll now have to eat seven fruits and vegetables daily to meet the guidelines for a healthy diet!
But how are we supposed to do that? You ask in desperation! Well, I start my day with a fruit smoothie so that helps me a little bit towards meeting that goal. I make this recipe for cashew and berry recipe when I am in a rush in the mornings or need a quick & delicious boost after exercise. However, I never need an excuse to eat something tasty neither should you! Go and make this smoothie and tell me whether or not you liked it.
- Handful cashews
- 1 banana
- Handful blueberries &blackberries
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
- Soak the cashew nuts in water overnight.
- In the morning, drain the water from the cashews.
- Slice the bananas.
- Add the bananas, blueberries,blackberries, cashew and milk to the blender.
- Garnish with fruits and voila your smoothie is ready!