Well, the day is almost upon us! In fact, the month is upon us! You know the month I am talking about!
Each month in the calendar is occupied by an event or some such stuff. Isn’t, it?
December is reserved for Christmas and January is reserved for self improvement, November is for mustaches (Movember, anyone?), October is for Halloween or Diwali if you are Indian.
You get the gist, right?
Well February is upon this. And February means only one thing!
You start to see the merch in the shops, single people start to date furiously, swiping right on any half-decent match, who in normal times will go straight into the left-swipe bin! Coupled-up people start desperately thinking of gift ideas, go off on furtive trips to markets, seeking out the latest gadget, the newest in makeup trends (if you are lucky!).
And if you are really lucky, you love someone enough that you are planning to treat for them. In that case, how about giving this lovely, zesty syllabub a try?
This light and vegan coconut syllabub is made of only handful of ingredients: coconut milk, coconut yogurt, lime, pomegranate seeds and agave syrup / honey.
And best of all, it can be ready in under ten minutes. Go on and give it a try!
Happy valentines month, peeps!
- 400 ml full-fat coconut milk chilled
- 4 tbsp full-fat coconut yogurt (make sure to get yogurt made from coconut and not the coconut-flavoured yogurt)
- 2 small lime unwaxed
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or honey
- Before starting, make sure that the coconut milk is chilled.
- Remove the solid cream from top of the coconut milk can. Set aside the remaining coconut water for another dish.
- Add the cream to a mixing bowl and add in the coconut yogurt.
- Use a whisk to blend the coconut and yogurt until soft peaks start to form. To test if a soft peak is formed, remove the mix using a whisk and if the mix holds shape with a gentle droop at the top. See the video for demonstration.
- Spoon the dessert into small glasses and bowls and leave them to chill in the fridge.
- Just before serving, top the bowls with pomegranate seeds, lemon zest. Drizzle the juice of one lime and the agave syrup (or honey)